Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 62: The Birthing Center

Since Wednesday evening, I have been anxiously awaiting a phone call informing me that one of my best friends is heading to the birthing center to give birth (to an actual baby).  There were signs that labor was imminent on Wednesday, and I was delighted at the very real prospect of the little tyke sharing my birthday.  But here we are, 2 days later, and we're still waiting.  Every time the phone rings, I think - this must be it!  But these things come in their own time, I guess.  I wonder if he'll arrive in the middle of my other two friends' joint birthday party tonight. 

From the wonderful comments left on my blog, I've noticed that so many of my readers seem to be working on creative projects of your own.  That combined with the expectation of heading to the birthing center to help my dear friend through her labor got me thinking: what about a "birthing center" for creative projects?  A place to hope, plan, and dream; to get support and guidance through the challenging, painful moments; a place to get inspired; to publicly state your goals; and even to network with other people to help bring these "babies" into the world -- whether it be a play, a book, a new career, a painting, a song, a garden, or your own business.

I've created a separate page on my site called the Birthing Center (the link is at the top of the page). I want to grow it into something more elaborate some day, but this is a place to start.  I hope you'll visit and post about what you are trying to give birth to.
blog comments powered by Disqus