Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 141: Where oh where has my blogging bug gone?

I'm a little surprised at myself that I missed my half-way mark.  Day 133 came and went without my marking its passage.  That's a little nerve-wracking, both because it's an indication of how much I've been slacking on the blog and because of how much work I still have to do on my play to  finish it by October.

I feel a little sad that I'm not as motivated to write in my blog as I was before.  Though it's not just a matter of motivation, it's more that I don't feel the impulse or the need to write in it as often.  I am still completely dedicated to my project - I have no desire or impulse to abandon that - I just feel like I have less to say about it all lately.  Sometimes I feel that what I want to say is now always a variation on themes I have written before, so I feel less compelled to write.  And, as always, my time is so divided that writing in my blog most always has to come at the expense of something else.  If I have to choose between writing in my blog or fitting in some exercise before work, right now the exercise wins.  (my waist band certainly knows I need it, after all the glutonous eating I did on my vacation...)

The next two weeks are another whirlwind of events for me, covering all areas of my creative life: a voice teaching seminar at Actor's Connection on Thursday, my own singing performance with Kat for a benefit on Saturday, and performances of one of my short plays ("Spirit Dust") the following weekend (not to mention that my parents will be visiting for the first time in 3 years).  I was going 100 miles an hour before my vacation, stopped for 6 blissful days, then had to jump right back on the 100 mile an hour treadmill again.  It's been a bit of a rough re-entry. 

I promise you haven't seen the last of me.  My impulse to blog may pick up as my summer slows down in a few weeks (I hope, on both counts).  Certainly my play writing will pick up again, as I've signed up for another playwriting class to make sure I keep producing every week. 

In the meantime, I hope you all are enjoying the beginnings of summer, and that perhaps I'll see you at one my plays coming up on the 19th and 20th!
blog comments powered by Disqus