Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 96: Exciting News!

File this under "what have I gotten myself into"....

I have been selected to be a playwright for Left Hip Productions' "From the Hip" Festival!  This is a 48-hour play festival in which actors, directors and playwrights are randomly cast into groups to collaborate on the creation of a short play. The actors will first improvise a scene, which I will then use as inspiration to write a ten-minute play -- in only 24 hours!  (gulp!) The actors and directors then have 24 hours to memorize and rehearse the play before performing it before an audience, which will vote for their favorite play.  The winners move on to the finals to compete for a place in Left Hip Productions' play development program, so please mark your calendars to come out on Sunday May 16th and support me!

8pm, Sunday May 16th
Wings Theater
154 Christopher Street, NYC

More details (and reminders) as it gets closer, but I had to share the exciting news!!! 

p.s. You can read an article about this tremendous organization here.
blog comments powered by Disqus