Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Wonderful"

I just had one of those moments: one of those moments when I realized how incredibly wonderful my life is.

This evening sent out an email blast to my mailing list about all the various events I have coming up in February, including an all-new kind of performance for me on an electronic music concert, two different singing classes I'm teaching, and my new writing venture with my upcoming libretto-writing class at Primary Stages ESPA.  Within less than five minutes, two people had emailed me back, one saying:

"Congratulations! You sound wonderful" 

and the other

"I think you are wonderful." 

This coincidence made me pause and go back and re-read my email.  Just glancing at it, I noticed the three section headings: performing, teaching and writing.  And I realized, my entire life is in the arts.  I may not be famous, I may not be making my living writing or performing, but I am living my life as an artist, completely.  I'm getting to use all the artistic sides of myself, my teaching, my singing, and my writing -- how incredibly wonderful is that?

If you'd like to share with me in any of these aspects, please come to my performance next Tues the 8th at the Parkside, or check out my free singing seminar on the 16th, or keep reading my blog (and pass it on to your friends) to hear about my writing ventures.  Thank you for being part of this journey -- it's truly wonderful to share it with you.  
blog comments powered by Disqus