Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 174: Test run

I am about to take my iPad for its first test drive.  I have packed a bag with all I need to spend the entire day in Central Park, since my iPad is supposed to have up to 10 hours of battery life.  So while I normally can only spend a couple of hours there with my laptop, I could potentially be there all day with my new toy.

I am eagerly anticipating diving in to the play again today.  When writing in my morning pages journal this morning, I had several moments of inspiration for what I want to write next, as well as for a possible ending.  When the image of the ending came to my mind, I actually burst out crying.  I usually find that when I have that reaction, it is because I have hit upon a deep truth for my characters - something that just is.  (I believe I've written in my blog before about how writing often feels like I'm revealing a truth that already exists rather than creating something out of thin air -- the way sculptors say they are revealing the statue that already exists in the marble.)   It is thrilling to have an ending to write towards -- this is the first time I have seen one so clearly.  If only I could just take the week off from work and do nothing but write -- I feel like I could finish this thing in a few days if I were uninterrupted.  Alas, I must be patient.

I am so grateful to my best-boyfriend-ever for taking off this morning to leave me the day alone to write -- his support of me in this endeavor is more meaningful than I can say.  And on that note, I'm off to the park!  I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.
blog comments powered by Disqus