Sunday, January 1, 2012

On the tenth day... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It is New Year's Day, 2012.  Hard to believe it.  A year that seemed impossibly far away when I first heard about the Mayan calendar thing when I was a teenager.  And here we are.

And here I am, trying desperately to finish my play by Tuesday morning.  The last two days of my 12 days of "write fast!" have been challenging, because of teaching and some very important time spent with friends, and I haven't gotten as much done as I would have liked.  I'm still working on Act II Scene 4, with scenes 5 and 6 still to go as well.  Ack!  Thus I begin the new year as a hermit today and tomorrow as I make this valiant effort to fulfill a promise I made to myself a year ago.  Not a bad way to start the year, really, working towards a goal.  It's one of my favorite past-times.

Wishing you all a year of fulfilling promises, reaching goals, and getting what you want out of your life!
blog comments powered by Disqus