Monday, October 25, 2010

New title, new cast, new website!

So many things have been happening, I haven't had time to write.  Do forgive me!  But I'm sure you can imagine how hectic things are with the birth just around the corner on November 2nd.  And so much is changing!

First of all, my play now has a new name: BREAKING PAIRS.  I am quite enamored of this new title, and am glad that my director prompted me to change it.  While All in the Shuffle was fitting for the play once you had read/heard it, out of context it connoted something very different -- something much lighter, or even a tap-dancing musical (like "shuffling off to Buffalo").  I searched and searched and searched for something that captured the essence of the play, indicated its weight, and was a card reference (this was very important to me).  Thank you to google for turning up dictionaries of card-playing terms, which led me to BREAKING PAIRS. (To "break a pair" is to discard one of a pair, in the hopes of getting another card that will make something else work).  This phrase was incredibly apropos of my play (I won't tell you why -- some things need to be a surprise).  It landed with Steven, my director, and thus my play had a new name.

Then a few days ago, the cast finally came together!  I can hardly believe the level of talent my director has been able to secure -- all save one are long-time veterans of Broadway (and one from London's West End).  You can read all their bios on my spanking new webpage: www.breakingpairs.com!

All the details for the reading are on the webpage as well.  I hope you'll take a moment to check it out.  If you would like to attend the reading, please email info@breakingpairs.com and I will do my best to fit you in!
blog comments powered by Disqus